An Impossible list is somewhat like a bucket list- but not really. As Joel Runyon (he’s the one who coined the term!) put it:
“Lots of people have a bucket list. They’re static things made up at one point in time that most people don’t end up actually incorporating into their lives and discard when things get tough. The impossible list is different. It’s fluid, updating status of what’s coming, what’s next and where you’ve come from. It’s always changing, always updating and always evolving. The impossible list isn’t just a piece of paper, it’s a commentary to yourself on how you’re living.”Joel Runyon
I must say- that’s quite the definition. Check out this post to read more.
I first came across the Impossible List when I was browsing Thomas Frank’s website. This was years ago. But more recently, (ie yesterday) this video (by UnJaded Jade) got recommended, and it sparked my interest to do a similar list. So here I am doing exactly that. 🙂
- Graduate college with a distinction.
- Raising $10,000 (~Rs. 7,50,000; August 2020 value) through charity for a tree plantation drive in India.
- Have $1,000,000(~Rs.7,50,000,000; August 2020 value) saved and invested.
- Retire by the age of 40.
- Be like Dolly Parton, and start an Imagination Library in India.
- Speak in front of 1000+ people.
- Learning how to learn
- Learn how to start and finish a project.
- Make my own website
- Learn how to make an app
- Actually learn how to sing and not sound boring.
- Learn some classical instruments (Cello, Violin)
- Be proud of my drawing skills (which at the moment, is zero)
- Start a YouTube channel, and gain at least 1000 subscribers within 6 months.
- Interview people that inspire me.
- Start a business
- Record an EP.
- Write short stories and have them published
- Eventually write a book
- Currently at 81kg. Get down to 75 with a BMI <25.
Run an organized 10k(Completed Feb 2019, Feb 2020)
- Run a half Marathon
- Consistently workout for 30 days.
- Get a job.
- Reach 100 listeners per episode for the podcast.
- Grow the podcast to one of the top podcasts of India.
- Travel to Norway
- Travel to Iceland
- Travel to New Zealand
- Travel to every State in India
- Travel Solo
- Travel to Nepal
- Travel to Bhutan
Adding some crazy goals here.. because, why not?
- Become a professional skydiver
- Meet the President/PM of India
- Organize an event for a 1000+ people
- Give a TED talk
- Live like a monk.
Well, that’s the list for now! The beauty about the Impossible List is that it’s an ever changing, ever growing list. Once you’re done with one goal, you update it.
It sort of gives you a map to what you want to do in life, and all you have to do now is to go and achieve them 🙂